Lane School K-8 Program is located at 1717 City View at the Lane ESD Westmoreland Campus.
- Students are referred to Lane School by resident school districts located in Lane County.
- All students referred to Lane School are in need of special education and have been identified with Emotional Disturbance and/or Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Serves up to 55 students.
- Average length of stay is 13 months.
- Academic grouping is based on the individual needs of the student.
- The learning environment is highly structured.
- The behavioral component of the program is based on a highly structured point and level system.
- Social skills instruction is focused on developing useful problem solving skills, making positive choices and appropriately interacting with others.
- Students transition back to their home school or alternative placement after successful completion of the program.